Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Loom & Leaf is the sister company to Saatva, one of the ‘veterans’ in the online world of mattresses. They are based out of Westport, Connecticut and Austin, Texas.
In the last couple of years, according to the CEO and Founder Ron Rudzin, they have sprouted into the largest online deluxe mattress brand in the U.S. from a medium-sized regional company. Currently, they have 19 manufacturing partners and 135 fulfillment centers throughout the states.
According to Rudzin, even though the online-only company’s progress is very much a result of knowing how to use the power of the Internet, a more decisive contributing factor was their focus on customer satisfaction and recommendations. They have a quite simple philosophy, i.e. merging good old-fashioned customer service and modern e-commerce technology. The company’s team is consisted of energetic and driven employees who always put the customers’ needs first.
The Ultra Luxury Memory Foam Mattress: Loam & Leaf
This premium memory foam mattress is much more than a natural choice; it makes the perfect option for most sleepers. It offers a balanced feel with different firmness levels and excellent body support and contouring.
They use top quality materials only, as well as organic elements, such as the eco-friendly 5 lb foam. Although this mattress has a slightly higher price of $1,099 (Queen size) than the prices of other memory foam mattresses that can be found online, the quality is indeed superior and the mattress is without doubt a worthy and smart investment.
The Components of the Mattress
This luxurious mattress has breathable, organic covering made from cotton with hypoallergenic synthetic fibers and a natural thistle flame retardant which will maintain the sleeper’s comfort and safety at all times.
The company does not use adverse chemical sprays to make their mattresses resistant to fire, but they operate with natural thistle pulp which is woven into a mesh. The spinal zone gel layer is constructed with cooling gel which enables you to remain cool throughout the whole night and have optimal spinal support.
The dense foam combined with the multi-layered foam construction should never be put into a box so the company has it delivered to the customer’s home and it is set up on site. They have a nationwide delivery. The foam is American-made and it does not off-gas.
Off-gassing from newly-bought mattresses is known to cause respiratory problems and skin irritation.
This 12 inch thick premium memory foam mattress has 4 foam layers:
- The top 2 inches is a cooling gel foam with that is convoluted to allow air flow.
- The next 2 inches is viscal elastic memory foam that is dense and offers really good support.
- Below that is 2 inches of traditional foam for deep compression support.
- Followed by a 5.5 inch base foam core layer that provides extra support.
Choose Your Own Level of Comfort
If you decide to place an order, the company’s website allows you to choose your comfort level which is conditioned by your sleep preferences.
There are two recommendable comfort levels:
- Relaxed Firm or ‘not too hard, not too soft, ‘just right’ ’
- or Firm that is aimed at customers who want firm feel mattresses.
The company does not recommend memory foam from the Quicksand Zone (very soft) since it tends to become mushy and it will not provide the right support for the body. Also, customers should avoid the truly hard foam from the Concrete Zone as this type of firmness is overly hard to support the joints and encourage healthy sleep.
American-Made Mattress and Ongoing Dedication to Quality
The mattress Loom & Leaf is handmade throughout their 135 fulfillment centers and 19 partnering U.S. factories and this is pivotal because it helps keep America working. Also, all L&L foams are sourced in the U.S. and sourcing from the best is a tradition for the company, but for their suppliers as well.
It is important to note that they are dedicated to following the highest standards of quality for all their products, not just the mattress.
As the company does not have physical stores, they are paperless and compared to brick and mortar, they have a minimal carbon footprint. As precursors in bedding research and development, they have suppliers who are committed to preserving the environment same as they are. Despite the fact that the Loom & Leaf mattress is not 100 percent organic, it is the ideal fusion of health, quality, affordability, and responsibility for the environment.
The company’s foam suppliers utilize renewable oils and have a minimum emission of greenhouse gasses which are normally created in the process of manufacturing foam. Since they do not wrap the product, but ship it stable, and because they use quality eco-friendly foam only, the off-gassing in the production of foam happens before the mattress is constructed. Moreover, the cooling gel that is used is non-toxic and offers ergonomic support for tranquil sleep.
This is definitely one of the most eco-friendly mattresses that you can opt for because it has a low emission of VOCs and it is free of heavy metals, lead, and mercury, as well as PBDE flame retardants, formaldehyde, phthalates, and ozone depleters. What’s more, the company is a lead member of the Sustainable Furnishings Council.
Caring for Your Spine Health
The company is devoted to researching and including sleep technologies which can alleviate pressure points, better the circulation, and energize active bodies of all ages. Hence, regardless of the customer’s sleeping position or type of body, the mattress’s ability to self-adjust with the contouring memory foam and support layers contributes to equal distribution of weight.
Health Benefits of Sleeping on a Loom & Leaf Mattress
- Less Back Pain - The foam layers offer the right support which alleviates pain in the joints and gives you a natural and plush feel.
The foam layers offer the right support which alleviates pain in the joints and gives you a natural and plush feel.
- Better Circulation - The contouring foam significantly lowers or completely removes pressure areas and thus, improves the blood flow.
The contouring foam significantly lowers or completely removes pressure areas and thus, improves the blood flow.
- Aligned Spine - The mattress molds to the body and fills natural gaps and arcs to make sure your spine is properly aligned.
The mattress molds to the body and fills natural gaps and arcs to make sure your spine is properly aligned.
Maintains your Energy Levels - By keeping you cool and evenly distributing your weight throughout the night, you will have healthy nighttime rest that will result in more energy for the following day.
What Do Customers Think?
According to a teenager with chronic insomnia, he was able to sleep for 8 hours straight on the first night of trying the mattress. He was rather shocked in the morning because he did not remember the last time this happened.
Another customer, a new mother, did not want to expose her newborn to the toxicity of their old mattress so she decided to buy an Loom & Leaf mattress. She rated the customer service, product quality, shipping, and price with 5 stars. As she puts it, the product is terrific. She is now pregnant with her second baby and is feeling comfortable, can breathe easily, and is satisfied knowing that their mattress is not a threat to her health, but to the health of her husband and children as well.
One customer was so happy with the mattress because she had been suffering from severe back pain for couple of months and could not fall asleep for 30 minutes or more. When she slept on the Loom & Leaf mattress, she felt that her back received the needed support and she noted that the mattress cradled her in the right position and offered sufficient balance.
Key Points About the Loom & Leaf Mattress
- The organic cotton cover of the L&L mattress feels very nice to the touch. The fact that it is quilted makes it soft and plush. The cover is sewn down well and will not separate away from the bed.
- It is important to note that the Loom & Leaf does not have a zip away cover.
- The sides of the mattress feels very durable and velvety.
- The mattress has handles on each side to help with moving.
- Because the Loom & Leaf does not come in a box, it has better edge support than other mattresses you can buy online. You can get right to the edge and not feel like you are falling off.
Suits a Variety of Sleeping Positions
- Back sleepers will find the bed offering good lumbar support.
- The foam contours enough that sleeping on your side is comfortable.
- Stomach sleepers will have a comfortable sleep. The bed doesn't let you sink in too much or too little.
- Preforms well for minimizing motion transfer due to the dense and durable foam construction.
- 10 - 15 years
- 15 Year Warranty and 120 day Sleep Trail
Is This the Right Mattress for you?
The Loom & Leaf Mattress is right for you if....
- You are a side-sleeper - this mattress slowly compresses and softens up.
- You want a mattress with a medium or firm feel
- You enjoy the contouring of memory foam, but also don't want to feel like you are "sinking in" to your mattress
- You are a heavier person and haven't been able to find a mattress with adequate support.
- You want to sleep cool - this mattress is built to minimize trapped heat.
- You want an Eco-friendly mattress that is long-lasting and reasonably priced.
- You want a bed that reduces motion transfer.
The Loom & Leaf Mattress may not be right for you if....
- You want a soft mattress - the Loom & Leaf offers an average firmness and is quite firm for a foam mattress.
- You don't like the feel of memory foam - this bed offers a memory foam experience with little bounce.
- You sleep on your back or stomach - This bed may not offer you the proper support.
Of course, even though we may hear positive reviews about a certain product, it does not always mean that this is the right product for us.
When it comes to the Loom & Leaf mattress, you should definitely buy it if you want a mattress with medium or firm feel; the firmer option is great for heavier sleepers or people who want less sinking in the mattress.
This is also a great choice if you like memory foam mattresses that come with more contour, less pressure, and a balanced feel. If you want a mattress with cooling features, and an eco-friendly and healthy mattress, you will not make a mistake if you go with this one.
All in all, the Loom & Leaf mattress definitely meets all criteria for a top quality mattress for people of all ages. This being said, people who are able to afford it, will not be in the wrong if they purchase it.
From a cooling system that will help you feel cool throughout the whole night and complete spinal support to two different comfort levels to choose from and an eco-friendly approach to the manufacturing process and usage of components, this is one of most innovative luxury mattresses that can be found online. The Loom & Leaf is a mattress which guarantees optimal enjoyment, health, and comfort for you and your loved ones.
See our Other Mattress Reviews:
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below, we always answer!