Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Thanks to the internet, finding an antique Persian rug at a sale price has never been easier. Below I will share with you the best shops for finding deals on antique Persian rugs.
An online shop that has over 20 years of experience selling rugs, EcarpetGallery has an extensive selection of antique Persian rugs at discount prices.
ECarpetGallery is one of North America's most popular home décor e-retailers. They offer free shipping to both Canada and the US, and they have a great return policy.
NYC-Rugs is a direct importer of fine, hand knotted rugs from around the world. They bring you the best value possible since there is no middleman to deal with. They have been in business since 1929 and offer specialized, knowledgeable service at unbeatable prices.
NYC Rugs offers free shipping inside the United States on all orders over $99.00 and a 30-day return policy.
The selection of antique and vintage rugs available on eBay is astounding. Sorting through the selection because of its vastness can be difficult. That said - you can find excellent deals on eBay. Follow these essential tips to get the most out of your eBay shopping experience:
- Read every word of the listing. You need to know about the details of the rug to make an informed purchase.
- Be aware of the units of measurement. Different sellers in different countries use different measurement systems. Use an online calculator to convert the unit of measurement to something you can understand.
- Include shipping in your total. To understand the real cost of a rug, you must add shipping into your total price.
- Don't move too quickly. If you find a rug you like, add it to your watchlist. Think it over for a few hours to a few days to avoid impulse buys.
- Wait until the last hour to put your bid in on a rug. You don't want to bid too early. Otherwise, someone will probably outbid you.
- Use the "make an offer" button. If someone has included the "make an offer" button on their listing, consider using it. See if they will take 10% less than their "buy now" price.
If you are diligent, you can find an steal of a deal on an antique Persian rug. It may take some time to find the right one at the right price, but if you take your time, it will be so worth it!
Do you have any buying tips to share? Also, let me know if you have any questions, I always answer!