Are you looking for the best mattress that will stay with you for many years to come? Do you want a mattress that has excited many other people and has helped them get better and healthier sleep? If you answer yes to any of the above, then you are at the right place.
Benefits of The Tuft & Needle Mattress
- Not too soft or too hard.
- Designed to mimic memory foam.
- Easy to get in and out of bed.
- Partners movements do not disturb the other.
- Has bounce for night activities.
- Provides adequate support for the back and neck.
- Does not create pressure points.
- Evenly distributes body weight.
- Users find it to be well designed.
- Customers have expressed that the bed is worth its cost.
- Molds and contours to your body.
- Preforms better than the average mattress.
- Offers a pressure-point-free and cloud-like sensation.
- Easy to move from one place to another.
- Preforms better than conventional mattresses when it comes to motion isolation.
- Less than 5% heat retention, keeping you from overheating.
- Provides lots of support for back sleepers.
- Above average firmness and support.
- 10 year warranty.
Thousands of Satisfied Customers
At the time of writing this post, there are almost 7000 customer reviews on Amazon, with 90% of them being 5 star!
People love the excellent customer service that Tuft & Needle delivers (even when you buy through Amazon), the comfort of the mattress and the affordable price.
Here is a video showing the Tuft & Needle Mattress:
The Tuft & Needle Difference
Most mattresses in retail store have been marked up 6 - 12 times by the time they are sold. You are paying a lot of money for gimmicks, retail markups, sales commissions and wholesaler's profits.
Tuft & Needle manufacturers their mattresses for direct sale to customers, cutting out middlemen and offering a cost savings to you.
No Latex is used in the Tuft & Needle mattress. Latex pushes back the more you put pressure on it, causing painful pressure points.
They do not use memory foam because it has no bounce. It also traps heat.
Tuft & Needle developed T&N Adaptive™ Foam for use in their mattress. It was created using customer feedback ad offers a gradient of support. The more pressure you apply, the more it adapts to support you.
T&N Adaptive™ Foam
- When you turn over or move, the surface recovers right away.
- Quick responsive surface.
- More supportive and better for your back.
- Has bounce. Makes it easier to get in and out of bed.
- Stays cool.
- When you turn over or move, it takes time for the surface to recover.
- Slow responsive surface.
- Can feel like it is trapping you in.
- You sink into it, no bounce.
- Can trap body heat.
The Tuft & Needle mattress only uses 2 layers. Mattresses with lots of layers trap heat and don't have good airflow.
Tuft and Needle has exceptional customer service. If someone leaves a negative review on Amazon, they respond right away. They strive to make all of their customers happy, even the ones that don't end up liking their mattress.
Construction and Materials
This mattress is made of 2 layers of high-density, high-quality polyurethane foam.
FIRST LAYER: The bottom support layer is 7 inches and helps keep your spine and neck properly aligned.
SECOND LAYER: The top comfort layer is 3 inches of Tuft & Needle Adaptive Foam. Provides pressure relief and support without feeling like you're sinking in and getting trapped. It is infused with a cooling gel and graphite to help keep you cool.
Foam is Free of Harmful Chemicals
The foams are synthetic petroleum-based foams that have undergone rigorous certification by a third party organization called CertiPUR-US. They have certified the foam to be free of known harmful chemicals and carcinogens, PBDEs, heavy metals, phthalates, and formaldehyde.
The two foam layers are glued together by a rubber and water mixture, that has been certified by Green Guard for safety concerns. The glue layer is similar to the glue used in shoes and does not come into contact with the skin.
The mattress cover has been tested and certified by OEKO-TEX to be free from chemical residues, phthalates, and heavy metals. It is made from a high-performance tactel fabric which is a soft, breathable blend of rayon and polyester.
The Tuft & Needle mattress also includes a chemical-free, TB-117 compliant fabric fire barrier. The fabric fits around the mattress like a sock and is located under the cover. The fire barrier fabric is comprised of a blend of mostly rayon, with small amounts of polyester and fine-grained silica. The silica is inserted into the fiber and does not make contact with the skin.
Tuft & Needle Complaints
- Some people find it too firm.
- The edges are not square.
- Size isn't right for their frame.
- Amazon only offers a 30 day money back guarantee.
All in all, the complaints are mostly the same, the people who return the mattress are mostly those who find it too firm. Some people have remedied this by purchasing a foam topper, others return the mattress.
Tuft & Needle is always available to assist you in any way they can. Customers on Amazon can email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive amazing customer support.
How does Tuft & Needle compare to other popular foam beds? The Helix Sleep is popular because it lets you customize your sleep surface depending on how you sleep, though it is more expensive. The Lucid foam mattress is the cheapest option but it is made in China rather than the USA.
Below is a comparison chart of the three foam mattresses:
Tuft & Needle
- 2 layer of foam: 7 inches base foam and 3 inches adaptive foam
- 10 year warranty
- $600 for a Queen
- Made in the USA
- 70 pounds
- Latex free
- 30 Day Trial
- Removable cover that can be spot cleaned
- 3 customized layers: latex, poly-foam and microcoils.
- 10 year warranty
- $900 for a Queen
- Made in the USA
- 75 pounds
- Uses Latex
- 100 day trail
- Non-removable fire proof cover
- 2 layers of foam: 7.5 inches base foam and 2.5 inches gel memory foam
- 25 year warranty
- $250 for a Queen
- Made in China
- 55 pounds
- Latex Free
- 120 day trail
- Removable, machine washable cover
If you are looking for a mattress with high quality material and a superb performance, this Tuft & Needle mattress is for you. Most people who move from a regular spring mattress to a foam mattress love the comfort and wouldn't go back to a spring mattress.
The warranty guarantees against visible compression beyond 3/4". These types of compression should not occur within 10 years unless there is a manufacturing defect.
Buying this mattress is very easy on Amazon. The Tuft & Needle team are available to help you with any questions you may have. You can even email them at email@example.com if you have any problems with your order.
- 10 Year Warranty
- Doesn't create pressure points
- Supports the back and neck
- Stays cool
- Balanced firmness
- Responsive surface
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Made in USA
- The mattress may be too small to fit in properly with some of the standard bed sheets.
- Might be too firm for light weight people or side sleepers.
Tuft & Needle is a popular brand with excellent customer service. The combination of a quality product and good after sales service is what most people look forward to when they are purchasing their mattress. This brand is one of the most popular because it takes the needs of its customer to heart, during and after their purchase.
Overall, if your budget can permit, the Tuft and Needle is the best mattress you can ask for. But if your budget is tight, you can go with the Lucid 10” memory foam mattress.
Be sure to leave any questions or comments down below. We are always here to help!