Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Since we spend almost 1/3 of our lives in bed, what we sleep on does matter. This being said, purchasing a quality bed is a long-term investment in our overall health and well-being.
When we talk about quality mattresses, we usually refer to mattresses made from organic materials such as organic cotton, organic wool, or organic latex. These materials, unlike the low-quality, synthetic ones, are cultivated without any pesticides and chemicals and are constructed in accordance with established organic standards. They are praised for their durability, biodegradability, and ergonomic properties. These mattresses do not cause allergies and have the ability to regulate the temperature of the body and make sleeping pleasant and comfortable both in winter and in summer. Organic mattresses are all-time favorites of eco-friendly and conscientious individuals who strive to minimize their carbon footprint and to lower the release of toxins into the air.
With more and more people awakening and understanding the importance of going green and leading a healthy lifestyle, this article will be focused on reviewing the Botanic Bliss mattress, one of the most popular quality and organic latex mattresses offered by the well-known brand PlushBeds.
This American online-only mattress brand was founded back in 2010 and the company is known as a pioneer in the bed-in-a-box industry and it was among the first manufacturers of mattresses in North America to introduce a modern roll-pack machine for packing mattresses and for the shipment preparation processes. They are currently the largest importer of APRICO organic latex, which is known to contribute to an optimal contouring surface for the body and maintaining it aligned while sleeping. In addition to mattresses, the brand also offers toppers, adjustable beds, bedding, as well as accessories.
Without doubt, their manufacturing and selling is based on three pivotal factors, i.e.
- the usage of quality and natural materials
- the dedication to creating comfort for good health
- the ongoing innovation efforts with the goal to continue with the creation of new standards for sleep products that are beneficial for people’s health.
Their great reputation is gained by their excellent customer care; also, they never make unfounded claims, that is, the quality of their products is backed up by a variety of certifications like the GREENGUARD GOLD and the USDA Organic one.
Why Choose the Botanical Bliss Mattress?
The company’s Botanical Bliss mattress is definitely setting standards for latex mattresses in the online-only industry of mattress sale. What is specific about it is that it has three layers, all from 100 percent latex from top to bottom layer. There is a possibility to choose the mattress’s height, depending on your needs and preferences (9, 10, or 12 inches).
- The top layer or the cover is constructed with 100 percent Joma wool and organic cotton, a combination for optimal comfort for the sleeper, as well as regulation of the body’s temperature. Also, this layer has the role of a fire-resistant barrier.
- The second layer is made of 100 percent Talalay latex and it is pivotal for alleviating the body’s pressure points and for enabling great bounce and cool temperature at all times.
- The final layer is composed of APRICO organic latex which provides deep compression support for comfy sleep, even for heavier individuals.
The cover, which is a combination of organic cotton and Joma wool, allows for maximum softness and temperature regulation and since it is woven, not knitted; it is not prone to wrinkles. And, it is a bit softer than the knitted variants. The hypoallergenic wool averts dust mites and the classic white shade color with organic wave-like stitches surely adds to the sophisticated look of the mattress.
Certainly, no one likes to spend their nights on an uncomfortable bed, which is often conditioned by the firmness of the mattress. The Botanical Bliss is measured according to the latex ILD rating which is based on how easily the mattress shapes to the body and the amount of support it offers. There are 4 levels of firmness that the customer can decide on, that is:
Soft- recommended for back or side sleepers who prefer the feeling of “sinking in” into the mattress
Medium- ideal for people who sleep on their sides; provides balance of support and comfort
Med-firm- a viable option for stomach or back sleepers
Extra-firm- the best choice for people who sleep on their back and prefer a firm surface while sleeping
What is also worth pointing out is that the firmness varies between the three height options. Hence, in the taller mattresses, there is more soft Talalay latex used, i.e.
- the 9” model has a 2” layer
- the 10” model has a 3” layer
- the 12” model has a 5” layer.
In the Soft and Medium models, the 10” and 12” models will help you get that plush feel and softness, as well as the much needed support. When deciding on a Medium-firm or a Firm model, the choice will be not as dependent on one’s sleeping style as it is the case with the softer models, but more on the body weight due to the fact that the firm latex amount depends on the weight being pressed against it. As noted by PlushBeds:
- if you weigh up to 225 lbs, opt for the 9” model
- if you weigh up to 275 lbs, choose the 10” mattress
- if you weigh up to or over 275, go with the 12” inch model
Price: Starts at $1,499 (Twin) to $2,599 (King)
Trial Period: 100 Nights
Shipping: Free shipping
Warranty: 25 years (This comes with 10 years full replacement and 15 years prorated. They will only replace if there’s 1.5 inches or greater indentation.)
Made in: USA
- Made from organic materials - there is no off-gassing
- 3 different mattress heights
- Regulates the body temperature at all times
- Great support to help relieve pressure points
- Provides a feeling of softness
- 4 levels of firmness
- Shapes and supports the body adequately
- Can be combined with an adjustable foundation
- 25-year warranty
- 100-night sleep trial
- Free shipping and free returns
- Rather expensive
- Heavy for movement and setting up
- Available through online purchase only
What about Foundations?
A lot of customers appreciate the available option to add one of the two foundations when purchasing the mattress:
- Orthopedic - created with the goal to bring the support you get from the mattress to the next level. This foundation is nothing like traditional box springs which are prone to breakage and sagging and it is made without chemicals, with spruce wood, and it can enable long-term firm surface for more than two decades. The one-of-a-kind design eases the movement through narrower hallways and allows assembling in smaller areas. If you choose this foundation, you will get adequate support, breathability for the mattress, and protection from potential mattress damage.
- Adjustable - ideal for customers who want to be in total control of how they lay or sleep. There is a position for every need, whether you are reading a book, sleeping, or working on your laptop. Sleeping on this universal, adjustable bed comes with various benefits and with a beautiful design and craftsmanship. This is the perfect addition for you if you want a smooth and quiet electronic adjustment of your bed to more than 1,000 positions. And, this base offers so many innovative features like the anti-snore button, the 3 massage wave modes, and individual head & foot positioning.
Final Thoughts on the Botanical Bliss Mattress
Regardless of your sleeping position and weight, the Botanical Bliss mattress has a solution and it will ideally position your body in accordance with your weight and ensure comfort and support. If you purchase it, you will be able to enjoy its 100 percent natural materials and ensure a good night’s sleep or a pleasant afternoon nap at all times. Although the price is higher than 1k, the quality materials, the state-of-the-art design, and the additional features available, like the orthopedic and adjustable foundations, are definitely worth for consideration.
Nonetheless, the Botanical Bliss may not be the best choice for everyone since it is quite difficult for setting up and movement due to being rather heavy. Also, for individuals shopping on a budget, the price over $1,000 may not be considered affordable.
Botanical Bliss by PlushBeds May Be Right for you if:
- You want lots of options - various levels of firmness and thickness allow you to choose a mattress specific to your sleeping needs.
- You want an all-natural mattress - an all-natural bed with no synthetic materials. These beds are hypoallergenic, mildew and mold resistant, as well as bed bug and dust mite resistant.
- You wake up in pain in the morning - this bed has an excellent ability to contour around your body, ensuring comfort and support in any sleeping position.
- You want a long warranty - a 25 year warranty is one of the longest you will find on a mattress.
See our Other Mattress Reviews:
Let us know if you have any questions in the comment section and we will be sure to help you out!