The Best Stainless Steel Cookware is By All-Clad
All-Clad's D5 Brushed Stainless Steel Cookware is the best stainless steel cookware you can buy.
These pots and pans will last you an entire lifetime and you can pass them on to your grandchildren.
Keep reading to learn why this is the best cookware.
I Recommend The 10 Piece Set
WHy All-Clad D5 is the Best
- Best Handle Material - Stainless Steel
- Best Handle Construction - Riveted
- Best Lid Material - Stainless Steel With Metal Handles
- Best Material For Even Heating - Aluminum Core For Even Temperatures
- Rolled Rims For Easy Pouring
- Oven Safe And Dishwasher Safe
- Made in the USA
- Will Last a Lifetime
- Virtually the same cooking quality as All-Clad's more expensive copper core cookware.
All-Clad pans have riveted over-sized handles made of stainless steel. They are durable, comfortable and stay cool.
The handles are ergonomic, U-shaped, stay cool stainless steel. Some people complain that they dig into your palm but I have not had this problem. To remedy this, you can tuck the handle under your forearm and relieve some of the stress on your palm.
The handles have a groove for your thumb to rest on and prevent accidental rotation of the pan. There is also a bump on the underside of the handle to keep your hand from getting too close to the pot.
The lids feature easy to grip loop handles. The larger pots and pans have helper handles for easy pick up.
Plastic or silicone handles will wear out over time. They are not worth your money.
All-Clad lids are all metal and fit snugly, they are lightweight, cannot break and are oven safe. Professional chefs use metal lids.
Glass lids are heavy and they can break. They can harbor bacteria in their drilled-handle holes and they cannot take as much heat as stainless steel lids.
All-Clad's D5 collection features a bonded 5-ply construction with alternating layers of aluminum and stainless steel.
The aluminum is not only in the base of the cookware, it also runs up the sides. This will provide fast heat response, even heat throughout the pan, and prevent uneven cooking.
A layered construction eliminates warping and creates even heating. An 18/10 stainless steel interior creates a stick-resistant and non-reactive cooking surface.
Cookware made of pure stainless steel will have poor heat-retention and distribution qualities. Your food will stick and burn, you will get hot spots and uneven cooking temperatures. Aluminum cores allow for more even, quicker heating that doesn't cause sticking and burning.
All-Clad D5 rims have a rolled edge to allow for easy pouring.
Flat rims on cheap cookware will make a mess when you try to pour.
Oven and Dishwasher Safe
All-Clad Cookware is oven, freezer and broiler safe. This cookware will withstand temps up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
This cookware is optimized for use on induction stove-tops, but works on all stove-tops.
It is dishwasher safe for ease of cleaning.
They are easy to keep clean and corrosion free. Pans should be cleaned after each use to prevent them becoming sticky, greasy, or discolored. All-Clad's stainless steel cookware is dishwasher safe and responds well to regular household cleaning products. If you do have a tough stain or mess to clean up, All-Clad recommends using a product called "Bar Keeper's Friend"
Cookware with plastic components cannot be put in the oven. Cheap stainless steel cookware can warp over time when it experiences temperature changes.
Made in the USA
90 % of All-Clad's products are made in the USA. Their cheaper brand (Emeril) is manufactured in China as well as their kitchen tools, accessories and non-stick pans. Their bonded cookware is manufactured in the USA for exceptional quality control.
All-Clad sources it's stainless steel locally to ensure high quality. You can rest assured that the All-Clad cookware you are purchasing has been manufactured with oversight at every step to ensure the highest quality possible. You can't get that assurance when you buy products made in cheap labor countries.
Chinese imports can be contaminated with toxic or radioactive chemicals. This does not happen in the US, as businesses have to comply with various environmental regulations.
A Lifetime Investment
High-quality cookware is an investment that can last a lifetime.
Remember the saying "buy cheap, buy twice". Let's keep cheap cookware out of our landfills by buying cookware that will last us a lifetime.
All-Clad offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty. All-Clad will replace or repair any item that is found to be defective in construction, material or craftsmanship under normal use.
Benefits and Differences of D5 Stainless vs Other Models
Here is a screenshot of a comparison chart off of Amazon, to give you an idea of the differences in All-Clad's various cookware models:
gET yOUR nEW cOOKWARE nOW
All-Clad offers a variety of cookwares for different budgets but I recommend the D5 Stainless Steel 5-Ply Bonded Cookware.
Cookware Sets or Individual Pieces?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors, such as how many pieces you already own, your cooking style and your budget.
- If you are starting from scratch, you will want a set. A set will generally save you money because it costs less than what you would pay for the same pieces bought individually.
- If you are on a tight budget, purchasing individual pieces may be the best option. A basic saucepan, skillet and stock pot provide a good foundation for cooking just about anything.
- Depending on your cooking style, you may not want all your cookware pieces to be made of the same material. For example, you may want cast iron or enameled cookware for frying and baking.
- great value
- gives you a good variety of pieces
- you may not use all of the pieces
- many of the pieces are too small in volume capacity for a family
- limited to one type of cookware material
- you may end up not liking the construction of the cookware, and then you are stuck with a whole set that you don't like
- buy what you need
- buy pieces slowly and build up your collection over time
- purchase a variety of materials
- allows you to try out a brand of cookware without committing to a whole set
- can be more expensive, especially if you are just starting out
It is hard to pass up the deal that a set can offer. If you find a set that has the pieces you need at a great price, then go for it.
All-Clad's D5 Stainless Steel 10 Piece Set
I like the 10 piece set because it offers a selection of the most commonly used cookware pieces. It is a great set to get you started and build a cookware foundation. It also saves you a ton of money over buying the pieces individually.
Included in the 10 Piece Set
Included in the 10 piece set are: 8 and 10 inch fry pans, 1.5 and 3 quart saucepans with lids, 3 quart saute pan with lid, and 8 quart stock pot with lid. People are happy with the sizes of cookware included in this set.
- 8” fry pan: 8 1/2” diam., 3” high; 1lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- 10” fry pan: 10 1/2” diam., 4” high; 2 lb. 3oz. with lid.
- 1 1/2-Qt. Saucepan: 6" diam., 3 1/2" high; 2 lb. with lid.
- 3-qt. Saucepan: 8" diam., 3 1/2" high; 5 lb. with lid.
- 3-qt. sauté pan: 8 1/4” diam., 4” high; 3 lb. 13 oz. with lid.
- 8-qt stockpot: 11 1/2" diam., 5 1/2" high; 5 lb. 11 oz. with lid.
Where is the Best Price?
At the time of writing this article, at various retailers, the price for the 10 piece D5 set is between: $689 - $899. We regularly check prices and have found Amazon to consistently have the lowest price. This set is popular and often goes out of stock, so if you see it in stock at a good price, it is best to grab it up.
The reviews on Amazon are 81% positive. Most people absolutely love their All-Clad cookware and do not regret buying it.
Negative reviews come from people who find that they cookware sticks. This can be remedied by following the manufacturers cooking instructions. Discoloration can be prevented or repaired with proper care and cleaning.
Some people don't think that the D5 is worth the extra money and the the Tri-Ply is just as good for a cheaper price. I think the D5 is worth the money as the brim is rolled for easier pouring and it has more layers for even heat distribution.
is it Worth the Expensive Price Tag?
Yes it is. The outstanding quality, lifetime warranty and professional performance make All-Clad's products worth the money. Remember, "buy cheap, buy twice". When you spend more, you will not have to replace your cookware years down the road. This cookware will last you a lifetime, and can be passed down to your children or grandchildren.
See Why This Cookware Is The Best
gET yOUR nEW cOOKWARE nOW
Buy it on Amazon for the Best Price
Please leave any questions in the comments below, we answer them all!